In our last post we explored the meaning of disruptive innovation. Now we take a closer look at why the remittance industry is ripe for
High Confidence. High Comfort. Zero Cost.
Obtain full transparency and peace of mind. We leverage the latest security measures to ensure that your money is safe and that it ends ups in the right hands.
Your loved ones can get the funds for immediate use. That’s 5 business days less than banks.
You shouldn’t have to pay for money you’ve earned. Send money home with no fees.
SEND WITH CONFIDENCE
We work hard to securely transfer your money, because you worked hard to earn it.
Your security is our priority. We constantly monitor all activity, ranging from country-specific risks to login attempts.
Both sender and receiver can monitor status of each voucher in real time when done through monami app.
Your data is encrypted with AES-256 encryption. Our site is run on SSL.
Rely on username and password as well as unique pin to access your account and your voucher.
EMPOWERING THE NEXT BILLION
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
1 BUY: Get vouchers at 0% through partner location, website, or mobile app
2 SEND: Each voucher comes with a serial number and a pin. With the secret pin, your family can access the money with no wait.
3 SPEND: Go to any number of merchants in your area and redeem the total amount with the serial number and pin for any combination of cash or goods at the store.
1SIGN-UP: Our team makes it easy to join partner with Monami, from leading your store staff through security and risk protocols to offering ongoing 24/7 support.
2PROCESS: Customers will come with serial number to redeem for goods and cash
3GET PAID: Monami will settle all vouchers processed, improving your cash flows
"We want to empower the next billion consumers"
We deliver on this mission by providing a commission-free, secure, and instant way to transfer funds home, because we know it's about more than the money. Monami is about enriching families' lives and their communities - enabling migrant workers to provide more for their families back home and driving demand for our partner merchants.
OUR CORE VALUES
Obsess about the end-user: Every decision we make must provide tangible benefits to the end-user.
Strive for transparency and open communication: Trust is critical for success of our team, and transparency and open communication are crucial to that trust.
Challenge the status quo: We know the remittance market and the payment domain are challenging problems – that’s why we started Monami.
Embrace humility, curiosity, and courage: There is no playbook for how the remittance landscape should look like in 2020. From CEO to interns, we make difficult decisions and take calculated risks, and learn from everything we do.
Ammar has more than 20 years of experience in leading finance and strategy for key technology and service organizations and currently serves as the CFO of a major credit card processing company. He has raised over $200MM from VC/PE firms and has successfully sold 3 companies with attractive returns for investors. Previously, Ammar served as CFO and COO for NaviNet, America’s largest real-time healthcare communications network.
Graduate of Concordia University, Qualified As Chartered Accountant in Canada in 1995 Anthony brings over 20 years of accounting and payment industry experience. Anthony established one of the first prepaid private labeled ATM card programs in USA issuing over 350,000 cards worldwide.
Before Monami, Sameer served as Head of Product Development at Bizpora, a London-based startup that was successfully sold. He also worked in management consulting at Bain & Company and in investment banking at JPMorgan, Bank of Montreal and KPMG Corporate Finance in NYC and Toronto. B.Sc/ CA : Georgetown U. MBA: Kellogg School of Management
Let’s be honest: “disruption” is a trendy term used to get VCs to invest and users to adopt. Every shiny new toy claims that it
A New Way to Send Money
There are over 230 million migrant workers in the world. They send home US$500 billion annually—that is more than global
Get in touch
We are committed to building the best possible product. Please reach out with questions, feedback, and suggestions. Please be blunt. You have our promise that we will respond.
198 Tremont Street Suite#405
Boston, MA, 02116
- Six technologies making #remittances more efficient and secure...slowly but surely: http://t.co/c6FZHyvcdO - over a year ago - @go_monami
- #FreeFriday: Buy a dozen donuts from Krispy Kreme and get another dozen at #zerocost...unless you count calories http://t.co/lsdvfKEXXA - over a year ago - @go_monami
- Africa has highest #remittance costs: twice as much as elsewhere. This causes region to lose US$1.8 billion annually. http://t.co/CL4onpfK4y - over a year ago - @go_monami
- By 2020 #nextbillion consumers will be #middleclass, from Africa, Asia, L.America. Serving them takes new strategies http://t.co/lekbNFAsna - over a year ago - @go_monami
- Pakistan #remittances to reach US$18B thanks to "brain circulation" not "brain drain" http://t.co/vvZphb50zA - over a year ago - @go_monami
- RT @wirecash: How will #moneytransfer be impacted by the #Obama #immigration plan? #change #latism http://t.co/pZWfKDp1R0 http://t.co/WQfct… - over a year ago - @go_monami
- Google's @Android One program to empower #nextbillion w/ cheap but high quality smartphones. Initial results are weak http://t.co/vPAd0EHyOd - over a year ago - @go_monami
- RT @timesofoman: 2/2: The tightening of #Oman's fiscal budget would mean that expats may have to pay #remittances tax, says @shaibany http:… - over a year ago - @go_monami
- #FreeFriday: Learn how to code. Apple is hosting #zerocost workshops next week to spark interest in programming. http://t.co/f0N4v8OLGq - over a year ago - @go_monami
- India will push G20 to cut cost of #remittances to 5% within two years. Puts money back in migrant workers' hands http://t.co/NiPx7W8TMP - over a year ago - @go_monami